Your Online Marketing Should Include Video Content
An online marketing plan must take a comprehensive approach. The more ways you connect with potential customers, the more inclusive your marketing is and the more productive those efforts can be. In the past, we’ve discussed some of the major focus areas, such as mobile-oriented SEO and the value of voice search. Now it’s time to take a quick look at video content and why you should incorporate it into your plan as well. It gives you one more area where you can create conversions you may have missed otherwise. Below are some of the top reasons to use branded video content on your page itself and in your marketing efforts.
First of all, video connects very well with the social media crowd. If a big part of what you’re doing is social media marketing, you simply can’t have enough of an impact without it. For instance, of all of the different types of content that see use on Facebook, video content consistently performs the best. Think of the amount of time that your potential clients spend scrolling through Facebook on their phones, and you can see why an effective video that draws their attention can have a massive impact.
Of course, social media is more than just Facebook. Here are a few quick statistics that show the value of video content across a number of popular platforms:
- When people watch videos on Pinterest, the odds that they’ll then make a purchase are 2.6 times higher.
- When people share content on LinkedIn, they share videos 20 times more often than other types of content.
- When you use Twitter, you will find that the engagement level is 10 times as high for videos.
- Also on Twitter, when using Promoted Tweets, the cost per engagement is cut in half if you use videos.
Essentially, no matter what type of marketing you’re doing, incorporating video content makes it more effective and expands your reach. It’s something you simply cannot afford to overlook. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some statistics about consumers and general video content, whether it’s on your site or on another platform:
- When consumers were asked if they’d like to see an increase in video content from their favorite brands, the majority (54 percent) said that they would.
- The vast majority (85 percent) of people in the United States who have internet access use it to regularly watch videos.
- Marketing companies are also onboard, with a full 87 percent focusing on video content to one degree or another.
- When websites contain videos, dwell times on the sites increase by 88 percent.
- YouTube is so popular that it’s been called the second biggest search engine in the world, behind Google.
If you’re interested in using and promoting your video content, we can help. Our social media marketing tactics can get your videos in front of your intended audience, increasing the reach and helping people interact with your brand. We can help you utilize live and recorded webinars to reach consumers and increase conversions. We can help you consider keyword strategies for Google, YouTube and other important platforms, so people find your videos more often than ever before.
In short, we’re here to support you with every stage in this project. You can see the clear value of this content. Let us help you make the most of it moving forward.