Boost Traffic by Adding Infographics Into Your Overall Content Strategy
Marketing to consumers who are increasingly focused on bite-sized, visual content often requires skill, patience and flexibility. Modern startups and SMBs hoping to establish a solid online foothold in their industry must be able to incorporate a variety of content styles. To do this effectively, many sites now include infographics in content.
But what is an infographic and how can you best use them in your content to attract new leads and boost sales? Below, we’ll explore some of the key elements that comprise an infographic, discuss the benefits they offer and cover a few best practices for their use.
What Is an Infographic?
An infographic, in its basic form, is simply a visual depiction of a collection of information. Although they come in a wide range of shapes, styles and levels of complexity, infographics often contain charts, graphics, images and text. This collection of elements tells a story, provides instruction or gives the reader a quick and easy-to-reference resource.
Although not a new concept by any stretch of the imagination, the use of infographics in marketing circles appears to be steadily on the rise. Today’s consumers, students, tourists, employees and more demand rapid access to information in every facet of life. Well-crafted infographics help satisfy this need by delivering an easily digestible resource for a wide range of data.
Advantages of Incorporating Infographics Into Your Site Content
Why would a small business consider devoting precious time and energy into the development of graphics-based content to supplement articles, blogs and more? Simply stated, these infographics often pack a powerful punch when you consider that they can:
- Project authority and enhance a brand’s reputation
- Help summarize lengthy articles or blog posts
- Convey information rapidly to diverse audiences
- Explain a complex subject or process more easily
- Deliver a format which is easy to share and is linkable
- Be easily understood by most readers
- Boost site traffic and increase sales
Infographic Best Practices for Startups
For many startups and SMBs, the idea of building graphics-intensive content sounds daunting. Fortunately, there is a wide range of free or low-cost infographic makers on the market today such as Adobe Express, Venngage, Piktochart and many more. Each tool helps users easily assemble basic infographics from a variety of unique templates. When assembling an infographic though, it pays dividends to keep a few key concepts and best practices in mind. These include:
- Begin by organizing your information and drafting an outline
- Get creative with formats and styles
- Embed infographics in articles, blogs and white papers
- Present information in a unique way to encourage views and shares
- Craft a visually appealing design which is simple
- Incorporate some humor into your design
- Guide your readers’ attention with a contrasting color
- Group related information with lines, borders and shapes
Combined with top-quality, actionable written content, infographics offer an alternative means to present information and a vital avenue to increase site traffic and boost sales.